STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
1 medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise with pulpand seeds removed
1 medium apple, diced
2 TBS maple syrup + small amount to brush on the top of squash after baking
1 TBS butter
¼ cup pecans (optional)
¼ tsp cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350°
- Using cooking spray, spray the inside of the squash and place upside down on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until slightly soft.
- While the squash is baking, mix the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, pecans, and 2 TBS of maple syrup.
- When the squash is slightly soft, remove from oven and turn over. Brush the top with maple syrup.
- Fill the center with the apple mixture and dot each halve with the butter.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until the squash and apples are tender.